According to the included factory letter, this revolver was part of a 200-piece group shipped to the commanding officer of the Brooklyn Navy Yard on June 1, 1911. The letter confirms the major features, including the Navy markings. Fixed sights, with the two-line address and patent dates on top of the barrel, "COLT D.A. 45" on the left, "VP" and "3" on the trigger guard shoulders, and a Rampant Colt in front of a "C" on the side plate. The butt is marked "U.S.N./(anchor)/45 D.A./No./989" around the lanyard swivel. Includes a very scarce black canvas Mills web holster with blackened brass hardware.