This is a very attractive example of a factory engraved Pre-Model 27 revolver, which features “Class A” floral scroll and punch dot background engraving on the sides of the barrel, shroud, frame, cylinder flats and front portion of the trigger guard. The factory letter which accompanies this revolver, states that it was shipped as configured to H. H. Harris, Co., Chicago, IL, on February 1, 1956. S&W historian Roy Jinks, as well as several knowledgeable collectors have confirmed to our consignor that the engraving is the work of Harry Jarvis, S&W’s master engraver from 1908-1958. Standard barrel markings with the S&W trade mark logo on the lower left side of the frame and the four line address on the lower right front. All nickel finish, with blue ramped blade front sight with a red insert and adjustable rear target sight, casehardened checkered target hammer and target trigger, and fitted with smooth rosewood target grips, all of which are confirmed by the factory letter.