This is an example of a remanufactured WWII German MP40 type submachine gun manufactured using a new tube receiver by Phoenix Armory Inc. of Houston, TX. This example used predominately a set of original WWII parts mated to a new extruded receiver that has the same configuration as an original MP40. The lower trigger housing end cap is stamped "MP40/ayf 43" indicating it was made by ERMA, Erfurt in 1943. The various other components, firing pin assembly, barrel, bolt and trigger housing are all stamped/marked with WWII German manufactory codes, serial numbers and or proofs. The underside of the receiver is correctly stamped with "9mm MP40 PHX ARM INC. HOU TX", and serial number "2754" is stamped on the left side of the receiver behind the barrel nut. It is complete with one original 30 round stick magazine marked "MP38/40" on the side.