early 20th century antique american upper balcony portable seating removed from the (non-extant) masonic temple auditorium originally located in hammond, in. the tandem two-seat folding chairs are made of a weathered birch wood. the seats are intact, sturdy and in great shape, considering age. according to the northwest indiana times, the mammoth cornerstone to the ornately elegant three-story red brick building on muenich court was laid may 1, 1907, to great fanfare. speaker for the day was none other than charles fairbanks, vice president under u.s. president theodore roosevelt. in 1921, the masonic building association enhanced the building to the tune of $440,000. measures 37 x 33 x 20 inches.