This is a fine example of a scarce pre-WWII Austrian MP-34 SMG. These early SMGs were a marvel of machining and manufacturing, produced when every part was completely machined and hand fitted. This model was adopted by the Austrian Army in 1934 and was eventually manufactured for use by the German Army in 1939/40. This machine gun was produced by the Steyr factory and is marked on the left side of the receiver with: "W/Austrian Eagle proof/34". It has a one piece receiver, barrel jacket and magazine well that are all fully machined as noted. Fitted with a walnut stock. It is a blow-back operated machine gun which fires from an open bolt in both semi and fully automatic and has a cyclic rate of approximately 550 rpms. It has a rifle type tangent rear sight graduated from "50-500" meters, a blade front sight, and a side mounted bayonet lug. These were later replaced by the MP38 and eventually the MP40s. It is complete with three original 32 round stick magazines and an original leather sling. It has matching numbers on the various parts.