The original wall-mounted sundial from the gable end of the C.J. Morrill House 'Redwood' of Bar Harbor, Maine, designed by William Ralph Emerson and built in 1879 at 10 Barberry Lane. Now a National Historic Landmark, the house was one of the first 'shingle style' buildings in the country, and has had only three owners since its construction. Made of pine, self framed, with painted numbers and a copper gnomon, 33 3/4" x 40". Weathered.