one of three original historically important late 19th century "sullivanesque" style exterior rollin furbeck residence colonette capital fragment designed by architect frank lloyd wright. the intricately designed and incredibly delicate plaster fragment was likely fabricated by the decorators' supply company of chicago. the horse hair-reinforced plaster fragment has been carefully mounted in a custom-built mahogany wood wall-mount display bracket. the rollin furbeck house was a wedding present f
distinctive early 20th century chicago prairie school and/or craftsman style leaded art glass window. dates to around 1918. salvaged from a chicago residence undergoing demolition. the highly stylistic window exhibits a typical grid formation with a caramel slag glass border accentuated with gold leaf sandwich flash glass. the multi-colored central medallion features a nice array of floral motifs with leafage. the border or ring surrounding the floral cluster is comprised of gold leaf sandwich f
single all original and largely intact heavy duty antique american industrial white porcelain enameled commercial building closet sink likely fabricated by crane or the standard company, chicago, ills. the intact heavy steel and cast iron sink contains a deep bowl with drain and white porcelain enameled finish. the backsplash contains two openings for hot and cold fittings. the cast iron pedestal is structurally sound and stable. Item measures 40"h x 19"w x 15.5"d.
hard to find victorian era 19th century majolica fireplace dark rosewood or maroon color glazed tile fabricated by the trent tile co., trenton, nj. the portrait tile was likely designed by isaac broome. measures 6 x 6 inches. allover crazing consistent with age. the portrait tile features a costumed young man with ruffled collar and feathered cap. the trent tile company, founded in 1882, produced a wide variety of decorative embossed tiles in numerous glaze colors during the last two decades of
highly sought after late 19th century refinished hand-carved solid cherry wood freestanding rearing lion likely fabricated by the decorators supply co., chicago, ills. the solid cherry wood diminutive figural lion was salvaged from a very elegant victorian era room divider housed in a chicago graystone mansion built in 1895. the figural lions have also been seen for use as ornament on fireplace mantels with opposed columns. the full-figure lion features intricately detailed claw foot paws, long
three matching c. 1895 antique american interior reliance building office door ornamental cast iron door hings designed and fabricated by the yale & towne mfg. co., stamford, ct. the loose pin passage door hinges retain the original bower-barff baked enameled finish. the ball finials are original and intact. several matching hinges available. priced for the lot. in 1890, real estate speculator william hale commissioned architects daniel burnham and john wellborn root to draw up plans for a new b
original and historically important c. 1920's neoclassical style ornamental cast aluminum balustrade panel salvaged from the extant cadillac-palace theater located in downtown chicago. the intricately designed panel features an unusual centrally located cartouche with elaborate scrollwork and a fleur-de-lis motif. the playful festoon or swag surrounding the cartouche is accentuated with two opposed circular floral rosettes, ribbons and acanthus leafage. contains a uniform metallic gold enameled
matching set of uniquely-shaped american depression-era salvaged chicago factory penant lights possibly fabricated by appleton or the benjamin mfg. company, chicago, ills. the white porcelain enameled fixtures contain single ceramic sockets with housings and flanges for mounting purposes. the two fixtures are identical in size and shape. priced for the pair.
a small quantity of vintage american industrial prismatic ribbed glass holophane dome-shaped reflectors or shades, likely fabricated by the holophane works of general electric co., cleveland, oh. the oversized "sawtooth" design shades feature graduated rings cascading downward. a total of four matching prismatic reflectors are available. measure 15 inches in diameter. priced individually.
original and largely intact american industrial c. 1940's freestanding four-legged factory machinist stool designed and fabricated by the angle steel stool company, plainwell, mich. the stationary stool is comprised of heavy gauge angled steel with riveted joint stretchers providing added support and stability. the older burnt orange pant finish contains surface wear consistent with age. the solid maple wood circular-shaped seat is tightly affixed to the all-metal base. one of the inward-turned
historically important early 1930's american art deco style nickel-plated ornamental cast bronze flush mount "up" and "down" elevator car call push button backplate purportedly salvaged from the historic general electric building in new york city. the single-sided backplate contains a centrally located recessed plate containing the holes where push buttons once existed. the raised border features distinctive sun rays facing inward at each corner. likely fabricated by or for the otis oti elevator
single well-documented late 19th century original buff-colored exterior ornamental terra cotta string course panel salvaged from the (non-extant) francis apartments building prior to demolition in 1971. the c. 1890's intricately detailed and strongly geometric frank lloyd wright design features overlapping circles containing highly stylized and naturalistic floral ornament. the use of the distinctive organic design motifs were heavily influenced by louis h. sullivan who wright was employed under
historically important original and intact red slip glaze terra cotta exterior lunette panels salvaged from adler & sullivan's james w. scoville building before its demolition in 1974. the richly ornamented arch-top terra cotta lunette with deep undercuts was fabricated by the northwestern terra cotta company, chicago, ills. the 1884-1885 scoville factory building, designed by adler & sullivan, contained three different designs reflecting in part sullivan's evolution or transition of ornament de
original 19th century american victorian era ornamental cast iron residential fireplace summer cover or front designed and fabricated by or for the hornet mantel co., st. louis, mo. the pierced metal grate features a uniform metallic gold enameled finish. the centrally located pierced metal center features intricately designed filigree, including, but not limited to, foliated scrollwork, swag and floral rosettes. the surround was removed long ago. measures 20 x 25 3/4 inches.
hard to find and highly collectible american depression era new york city subway single-sided flush mount support column destination sign salvaged from the city hall station. the single-sided sign is comprised of die cut steel with original white and black porcelain enameled finish largely intact. the column sign was fabricated by the baltimore enamel & novelty co., baltimore, md. the very first signs to appear in the new york city subway system were intricately designed mosaic tile station name
unique earlyt 20th century antique american industrial stationary cast iron funeral parlor coffin or casket display stand fabricated by or for the honold mfg. company, sheboygan, wisc. the two-tier stationary stand with integrated rollers has been brushed down to bare metal and sealed with a clear coat finish. two identical casket stands were discovered in an old southside chicago funeral parlor. priced individually. unique earlyt 20th century antique american industrial stationary cast iron fun
late 1930's vintage fully functional american industrial heavy gauge tubular steel "localite" triple-joint task lamp designed and fabricated by the fostoria pressed steel corp., fostoria, oh. the pressed and formed steel articulating lamp contains a parabolic shade or reflector with integrated socket housing. the existing sockets and lamp cords are in good condition. the fostoria pressed steel company began producing the "localite" (in various configurations) beginning in 1918. the enameled meta
original c. 1940's solid maple wood salvaged chicago public school laboratory room four-legged table possibly designed and fabricated by the kewaunee mfg. co., adrian, mi. the long and narrow work table with original finish is structurally sound and stable. the four legs can be unbolted for easy transport. two matching science tables were salvaged from an old chicago public school. priced individually. designed and fabricated by the kewaunee mfg. co., adrian, mi. the long and narrow work table w
fully functional c. 1940's america vintage industrial mobile double-drawer factory machine shop tool cart or side table designed by lyon metal products, aurora, ills. the mobile cart contains two matching pull-out drawers with undershelf for additional storage space. the bassick swivel casters are in good working condition. the mostly uniform finish exhibits wear and tear consistent with age.
historically accurate faithfully reproduced bronze-plated cast aluminum single-sided louis sullivan-designed elevator cage rosette fabricated specifically for adler and sullivan's guaranty building lobby restoration. the rosette features crisp detail and plating consistent with the originals executed by the winslow brothers foundry, chicago, ills. the strongly geometric rosette with floral accents is in great overall condition.
structurally sound and stable vintage american industrial chicago desk or side table with oak wood salvaged from the old chicago athletic association building gymnasium. the desk or work table has a rectangular-shaped table top and matching undershelf. the brushed steel legs and wood have been refinished. 19x49x33"
single c. 1920's fully adjustable cast iron telescoping dietzgen drafting table base designed and fabricated by the eugene dietzgen co., principal factory, chicago, ills. the hard to find and highly sought after brushed cast iron three-legged drawing or drafting board base is fully functional with no breaks or cracks evident. embossed letter manufacturer markings found along the base. the brushed metal finish has been sealed with a clear coat finish.
all original c. 1920's american spanish revival style polychrome enameled wrought ornamental iron double arm wall sconce possibly fabricated by moe-bridges company, milwaukee, wisc. the salvaged chicago wall sconce contains two electric candles with original socket sleeves intact. the wrought iron sconce has been rewired. the finish is in great shape, considering age. only one available. the on/off leviton switch is in working condition.
documented 19th century remarkable ornamental cast iron interior freestanding staircase riser fragment salvaged from the non-extant historic chicago lexington hotel. the refinished iron fragment features a repeating dart and scroll design motif on both sides. the exact fabricator or foundry is not known. the neoclassical style hotel lexington building was designed by architect clinton j. warren. in a four-year span (from 1889 to 1893) warren designed the congress hotel, the leander mccormick apa
original c. 1890's american victorian era interior residential fireplace gas insert designed and patented by henry and william dawson of chicago. the fireplace grate or insert features a surround consisting of ornamental cast iron. the projecting hood contains elegant scrollwork alternating with deeply grooved shells. the flanking pilasters with unique acanthus leaf capitals are adorned with richly ornate foliage. the original stamped tin metal detachable summer cover has deeply embossed design
original and intact antique american interior residential deeply embossed pressed steel fireplace grate summer cover fabricated around 1900-05 by the dawson brothers, chicago, il. the antique metallic gold enameled cover features a centrally located encircled flame finial fluted urn with handles. the dimple texture field pattern is surrounded by a neoclassical style egg & dart border. the top portions protrudes outward to conform with the grate's hood. measures 20 x 17 inches.
single historically important c. 1930's american art deco style documented cast plaster nauticalesque style single-sided panel carefully removed from the nortown theater second floor lobby. the thin decorative panel features a man grasping a trident atop a scaly skin mythical sea creature. contains an off-white, metallic gold and silver paint finish over plaster. the panel was likely fabricated by the decorators supply co., chicago, il. the atmospheric nortown theater was designed and built in 1
two matching leaded glass windows original to the henry babson house (salvaged before its demolition in 1960) were recently secured for the bldg. 51 museum this month. the henry babson house (1908) was one of only a few residences designed by louis h. sullivan with george grant elmslie as his draftsman. the building additionally represented one of the last dwellings that sullivan would design before his decline into poverty. the state of his finances is clear from an anecdote leading up to the c
intact and completely refinished robust vintage american industrial stationary workbench or table fabricated in part by the pollard brothers mfg. co., chicago, ills. the workbench contains two angled steel bases and channel bracing for added support and stability. the newly added salvaged wood tabletop has been sanded and sealed. the brushed metal bases have been sealed with a clear coat lacquer. 64x38x34
original and intact refinished robust cast iron four-legged repurposed side table or low-lying stand with optional wood top. the exact fabricator is not known, but likely made as a base for a farm implement (e.g., cream separator). the cast iron base has been brushed down to bare metal and sealed with a clear coat lacquer.