One of the most rare and unusual accessories in beautiful and 100% original condition. Special viewfinder engraved with serial number 123, E.LEITZ INC. NEW-YORK, modified PLOOT mirror housing no. 2437, Leica IIIa no. 254379 (1937), Telyt 4.5/20 cm no.272806 (hood), complete with extremely rare carrying case RIFUN. The lens was delivered to New York on November, 20th 1937. The company E. Leitz, Inc. New York launched the Leica Gun Rifle in 1938 using the codeword "Rifle"; however, this was only produced for one year (1938 to 1939). The "Rifle" was inspired by Commander Attilio Gatti, the well-known photographer of animals in Africa, and was developed between 1935 and 1937 by E. Leitz, Inc. New York, before being introduced to the public in July 1938. This Leica Gun Rifle produced for Gatti had been the subject of an exclusive photo feature in the magazine Leica-Photographie a few months earlier, in January 1938. The rifle shown there, however, must have been a prototype of the actual Leica Gun Rifle. Using the "Rifle", 1938 saw the first attempts to take photographs with long focal distance just as easily and free-handedly as photographers were accustomed to expect from their Leica cameras. Various authors differ in their estimates about the actual numbers of "Rifles" produced: while P. H. Hasbroeck assumes that only six units were produced, J. L. Lager concludes that a dozen were made overall. We consider a number of 10-12 "Rifles", spread out today over collections worldwide, to be appropriate and realistic. Die Firma E. Leitz, Inc. New York brachte 1938 das Leicagewehr unter dem Codewort ?Rifle" auf den Markt, welches jedoch nur noch ein Jahr lang (1938 bis 1939) hergestellt wurde.